Proofing the Galleys
I turned in the proof table for Blue Water Dreams!
This is my first experience of proofing my own writing within very narrow parameters. The galleys are semi-final and no changes are allowed simply to improve the flow of a sentence or to clarify something or most of the other usual reasons for making a change. Only actual errors can be changed at this phase, and it’s tough, reading through my manuscript without seeking ways of improving it.
I found a couple of typos and a couple factual errors. My only other changes were niggling punctuation things.
That’s it. My pre-production work is done on this book.
Now I need to sell it! Let me know if you have suggestions – communities that might want a reading, groups I should approach. I’ve contacted a bunch of organizations and book stores on the West Coast, but let me know if you have resource ideas!